Hawkeye Wrestling Club Survives on Donations from People Like You…
WITH YOUR SUPPORT WE CAN MAKE THE HAWKEYE WRESTLING CLUB THE BEST WRESTLING CLUB IN THE WORLD!
With a relentless pursuit of excellence, Iowa Wrestling has a reputation and tradition unlike any other. Since 1973, the Hawkeye Wrestling Club has played a vital role in the continued success of not only the Iowa Wrestling program, but also our athletes’ quest to become World and Olympic Champions.
The Hawkeye Wrestling Club Exists to promote wrestling in Iowa and America by producing honorable elite level athletes through high level wrestling opportunities.
There are very few who can deny the sense of pride felt when one of our nation’s athletes stands atop the podium on the world stage, with a gold medal draped around his neck. Especially when it’s a homegrown talent from the state of Iowa.
Since its inception in 1973, the focus of Hawkeye Wrestling Club has always been to provide the training, coaching and resources necessary to help our athletes pursue their dreams of becoming World and Olympic Champions. The money raised through the HWC goes directly to benefit the athletes helping with living expenses, training and traveling needs. Maybe the most important aspect of the HWC is its pursuit in trying to get the best post-collegiate athletes to train with the HWC together in Iowa City to attain the ultimate prize in wrestling… World and Olympic gold medals.
With this goal, Hawkeye Wrestling Club has played an important role in the dominance of Iowa Wrestling. By no coincidence, the Iowa wrestling team started its string of 25 Big Ten titles in 1974. The HWC has had 14 Olympians, of which four have won gold medals–and that number is sure to rise.
Of course the success on the wrestling mats wouldn’t be possible without the generosity of many. Be part of something special. Find out how you can help our athletes pursue their Olympic dreams.
Dan Dennis, HWC Head Coach
- 2016 U.S. Olympic Team member
- 2016 U.S. Open champion
- 2016 Grand Prix of Germany champion
- Second in 2015 U.S. World Team Trials
- Fourth in 2015 U.S. Open
- 2008 University Nationals champion
- Two-time NCAA All-American for Iowa
Tom Brands, HWC Advisor
- Three-time Big Ten Coach of the Year
- Head wrestling coach at the University of Iowa.
- 1996 Olympic gold medalist
- Member of wrestling’s Hall of Fame,
- Three-time NCAA Champion, four-time All-American
Terry Brands, HWC Advisor
- Two-time World Champion
- 2000 Olympic bronze medalist
- Associate Head Coach at University of Iowa
- two-time NCAA Champion, three-time All-American
Chad Beatty, Executive Director
- Executive Director of Hawkeye Wrestling Club
- Director of Wrestling Operations for WSWA
- Women’s Council & National Team Coach for OWA
- Coached for 10 years at multiple levels: HS, DIII, NJCAA
- 2010 University of Iowa Graduate
- Two-time Individual NCAA Tournament Qualifier
- 2006 Junior FILA National Champion
- Brad Eldeen (President)
- Mitch Kelly
- Aaron Robertson
- Ryan Key
- Al Zahasky
- Adam Fellers
- Ryan Smidt
- Joe Holmes